From:
David Runnion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 02:57:30 +0200
Mary Esterheld wrote:

>In Philadelphia, there are containers of Hall's cough drops placed in all
>the hallways for the convenience of concertgoers.  Wrappers are not
>noiseless, however.

It strikes me as odd that they would go to the trouble of providing cough
drops so that people don't cough and disturb other listeners, but that the
very cough drops that they provide so thoughtfully are in crinkly wrappers
that, well, disturb other listeners. Some intrepid candy company should
market a new "Classical Cough Drop" in a soundless wrapper, perhaps with a
little picture of Chopin or Schubert or some other consumptive composer on
it.

Dave Runnion
http://mp3.com/serafinotrio