From:
Dave Mepham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 15:21:18 EDT
Bill Pirkle wrote:

>I think we need a "top 40" type classical station that just plays the great
>works to introduce the masses to classical music.

You do in England.  It's called Classic FM, and you can listen through
their website.  It's not only top 40, but pretty close to it.  And for
every more unusual thing they play, they'll usually subsidise it with
a couple of tracks from a soundtrack by Horner or Williams.  Usually,
however, this is what most people compain about with that station...

There are some gorgeous pieces out there beyond the Now That's What I Call
Classical compilations.  And it's stumbling across those hidden gems that
make a lot of the poor things you listen to worth while...

Dave