Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 07:18:07 -0300
From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Donald Satz to Bernard Chasan:

>>But my main relationship to c.m. is as a LISTENER.  We listeners may be
>>at the bottom of the classical food chain, but we spend real money on
>>concert tickets and cds.
>
>As a listener and consumer, I think of myself as the intended recipient of
>great music.  This "chain", as far as I'm concerned, is a horizontal one;
>screw up any point on the chain, and it all comes tumbling down.

This chain is perfectly vertical, but listeners are at the top.  Composers
are, in their vast majority, a group of dead animals; players (who often
hunts in groups) eats composers, and are later eaten by the listeners,
whose numerical superiority makes them invincibles.  A question:  what's
the place of critics in the chain?.

Pablo Massa