Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:20:58 +1000
From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Mitch Friedfeld asked for recommendations for Elgar's Crown of India.

Unless there's been something fairly recently, the only available modern
recordings are by Daniel Barenboim on Sony (with the Enigma Variations
and the Pomp and Circumstance Marches) and Alexander Gibson on Chandos.
I haven't heard the Gibson but I've rarely found his conducting very
exciting.  The Barenboim is fine and gives the music the proper treatment,
as did an nla version by Charles Groves.

Richard Pennycuick