Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 14:06:01 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Bill Hong wrote:

>Without going too far into a "me too" post, I would only qualify my case
>as applying to Bach and the piano, where somehow his music seems so well
>suited to the modern grand.  However, I have yet to be convinced that
>Handel or Couperin or Rameau comes out as well on the piano as it does
>on the harpsichord.  Different strokes....

I enjoy Handel suites for harpsichord performed on the piano and the
harpsichord.  Same with the sonatas of D.  Scarlatti.  I don't think I've
ever heard any French baroque harpsichord music performed on the piano.
It would be interesting given all the ornamentation involved.  Could Bill
or anyone else tell me of piano recordings of the French baroque period?
This music on harpsichord tends to be hypnotic.

Don Satz