From:
Garry Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 18:16:37 -0500
Hello Everyone,
    I received the following email today and was wondering if Someone could
provide the answers ?  I had heard of a university researching the use of
bees to spread a fungus preventative, but nothing in more than a year.
Thanks in advance.
Garry Libby
Attleboro, Massachusetts,  USA

Hey, Guys:

I've got questions for you.  A local farmer wants to certify his
strawberry field as organic, and can do that if he uses bees to carry
some kind of yeast to the strawberries.  That's all I know right now,
but I intend to find out more soon.  Do you know anything about this
since you work Ward's fields?  Also, do any of the chemicals/antibiotics
used in the hive jeopardize his organic certification?

Thanks for any help!

igor