HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Dendy, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 13:14:31 -0400
Allen,
Tantaquidgeon, Gladys 1972 Folk Medicine of the Delaware and Related
Algonkian Indians. Harrisburg. Pennsylvania Historical Commission
Anthropological Papers #3 (33)

poke root, mullein leaves, wild cherry and black cohosh barks for
rheumatism.
great mullein, plum root and glycerine and used as a syrup for lung trouble
great mullein, plum root and glycerine and used as a syrup for catarrh.

I got this information from Moerman's American Indian Ethnobotany database
on the Net. A very comprehensive and inclusive resource.

John Dendy
Archeologist
Dynamac Corporation
Fort Riley, KS