HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Iain Stuart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 08:18:12 +1000
Trish,

in a previous posting Stephen and Linda Austin put me on to

 http://www.catholic-forum.com/saints/indexsnt.htm

which if you search under archaeology lists both Jerome and St Damasus then
you can follow links to additional info about both of them.

While doing this I noticed that St Damasus lived his life in "a perfect
state of continence" which is interesting to say the least.

The illustrations show Jerome surrounded with angels and texts while St
Damasus has a few cherubs and an angle holding a large (blue on white?)
ceramic jar. Apparently neither could stand Arianism (a form of
post-processualism?).

Hope this is of help.

Iain Stuart
Principal, Archaeology and Heritage Management
HLA-Envirosciences Pty. Ltd.