HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
ned heite <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 08:05:54 -0500
Bull[bleep] aside, is anyone prepared to join me in a test?

I propose that several sites should be scanned by several dowsers.
Each dowser would flag "hits" and they would be plotted. The flags
would be removed and the site would be rescanned by other dowser(s),
each unaware of hits by the others. Other remote sensing techniques
might be added, at the option of the investigator. Then the site
would be excavated. The plotsfrom the various tests  would then be
compared.

I happen to have a project where this will be done. I believe it is
an unmarked graveyard. Might I suggest that others join me? Use your
own site, your own dowser, and bring your own coat hangars. Meet here
when you have results.

Frankly, I'm upset that there should be such vituperation over such
an innocent question. It's clear that dowsing has some respectable
support, not the least of whom are some of the most respected names
in our discipline. The possibility of some validity must not be
dismissed.