HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 10:49:03 +0000
Personally, I only advocate excavating sites if they're found at a ley
line nexus or located between at least two crop circles.  I found the
alien Elvis impersonator mothership landing site in northern
Pembrokeshire last year using this very technique.  I assure you that
this is historical archaeology; there are documents (in Welsh) about
"that bard, the singing whelp of a hound dog" in the court of the Lord
Rhys of Deheubarth.

john hyett wrote:

> Much better than dowsing rods is the technique used by some exponants of
> alternative archaeology. Using this method the archaeologist sits under
> a pyramid and focuses his/her attention on a set of crystals while
> getting in touch with the feminine side of the great earth mother. It
> also helps if the cigarette that is being smoked is made of that funny
> green tobacco. No excavations or hard field work, the answers just come
> to you man!
> Same compost different day
> John

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Alasdair Brooks
Department of Archaeology
University of York
King's Manor
York
YO1 7EP
England, UK
phone: 01904 433931
"The Buffalo tastes the same on both sides of the border"
Sitting Bull