HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Wm Liebeknecht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 06:16:09 -0500
Several Civil War period barrels were recorded during excavations at Fort
Delaware, Pea Patch Island by Hunter Research Inc. in 1998.  These barrels
were made of oak with willow rings/hoops/bands.  The barrels had been
purposely sunk upright into the clay muck adjacent to structures built out
on the mud flats along the southeast portion of the island.

Bill Liebeknecht
Principal Investigator
Hunter Research Inc.
Trenton, New Jersey