HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
john hyett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2000 23:03:54 -0800
An article has appeared in the Sunday Age, a reputable Australian
newspaper, on the sale of porcelain by an Australian company from the
1822 wreck of the Tek Sing in Indonesian waters. The tone of the article
is all boys own adventure and stresses the potential $A100 million to be
made from the sale. The article can be read at
http://theage.com.au/entertainment/20001105/A25576-2000Nov3.html
and letters may be sent to the editor at [log in to unmask]
Below is the text of the letter of protest I have written. Please feel
free to post this to any other discussion group which may be interested