HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Barbara J Heath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 13:51:16 -0400
I posted this job last fall, and due to a change in our budget, was unable
to fill it.  We do have funding now!  I'd appreciate it if you could pass
this along to anyone who might be interested.  Thanks!

Barbara Heath
Director of Archaeology
Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest
P.O. Box 419
Forest, VA 24551

        Job Opening
The Archaeology Department at Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest has re-opened
its search for a qualified candidate to fill an opening in the archaeology
laboratory. The position will become available May  15 and run through
December 31, 2000, with the possibility of extension into 2001.  Staff works
a 37.5 hour week.  Housing and per diem are not provided, but the position
does include benefits that can be applied towards health insurance,
disability insurance or a tax-deferred annuity.

The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor=s degree in
Anthropology or a related discipline and will have held previous employment
in an archaeology laboratory.  Familiarity with the material culture of the
19th century is essential.  The candidate should also be an experienced user
of databases and word processing software.

To apply, mail or email a cover letter and resume to Dr. Barbara Heath,
Director of Archaeology, Thomas Jefferson's Poplar Forest, P.O. Box 419,
Forest, VA 24551.  For additional information, telephone (804) 524-1806 or
e-mail [log in to unmask]