HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Philip Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 1999 11:28:00 -0400
Dear all,
  We at Colonial Williamsburg are into the second week of our first summer
1999 field school session.  We have several sites that all have web sites
for folks to visit. I am writing principally in connection with our Nassau
Street site, but all the sites can be visited through the Colonial
Williamsburg  website.
  At Nassau Street we are excavating the remains and homelot of a
seventeenth-century brick building traditionally identified as the Nassau
Street Ordinary. One of our first level goals is to determine the validity
of that traditional identification, but we are also hoping to create useful
data for an already well underway study of Middle Plantation
(seventeenth-century Williamsburg) landscapes.
    Please stop by and visit us at
http://members.aol.com/nassaust/nassau.html where you will find text,
pictures, and regular updates on our progress. You will also find links to
all the other Colonial Williamsburg sites.
Thanks
Phil Levy