HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:07:34 -0500
Nate-

I worked on my PhD at U of Wales Lampeter for a couple of years (overseas student arrangement) under the direction of Sarah Tarlow who is the historical archaeologist at Leicester these days.

While I was not successful in working out a porgram with Leicester to continue my work with Sarah that met my needs and pocketbook, I can recommned Sarah as a very creative thinker and as very supportive of students. (I think they made her the undergrad admissions tutor because see gets on so well with students.) She was one of Ian Hodder's students and her work includes the archaeology of death (particualrly from an emotional angle)and communial societies.

Feel free to contact me off-list if you would like.

John

John McCarthy
PennDOT Allentown