HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ian Burrow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 14:20:57 -0500
Ron May's "creamery" in the mid-west may be the same as a "dairy lunch",
which seems to have been a term for early diners in the mid-Atlantic.  We
came across ceramic for a Baltimore "Dairy Lunch" in monitoring work on
early 2oth century ceramic waster dumps here in Trenton, NJ.

Anyone else come across this phrase?  I'm sure Ned Heite must know
something!

Ian Burrow