HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"George L. Miller" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:07:41 -0500
David,

     I have discussed the London size and London shape bowls and teas on
page 15 in my article "A Revised Set of CC Index Values for Classification
and Economic Scaling of English Ceramics from 1787 to 1880"   Volume 25,
No. 1 of Historical Archaeology.   This article was reprinted in the second
SHA reader on material culture.  London shape is taken from an early Spode
catalog, however, this shape may have also been called Grecian by other
potters.

George L. Miller
URS Corporation