From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:40:36 +0100
William Gibson's famous play is to be given locally (in English!) and I
have been asked by the producer to try to find some appropriate music to
play during the 5-10 mins. before curtain-up but, more importantly, during
the fight scene between Helen and Annie.

There's such a lot of talent out there on the List (and many Americans)
so I wondered if some ideas might be culled from anyone with any ideas.
Of course there are pieces that sound very American (like parts of Rodeo,
of course) but I'm stuck to find something appropriate (given the period
of the play, 1880s).

My CD collection can stand most assaults of this kind (sorry no Birtwistle,
Boulez, nor Berio) ... but can anyone help, please?

John G. Deacon
Home page: www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon