From:
Albie Cabrera <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 18:10:45 -0700
Hello, It's been while, and I've had a bit of a hard time keeping up with
who's who head honchos of the world's great orchestras.  Can y'all update
me as to who are the current chief conductors/musical directors of the
big ensembles, and since when they have held that position? Groups that
immediately spring to mind include:

NYPO, LAPO, Chicago SO, Cleveland SO, Philadelphia SO, Boston SO, National
SO-Washington DC, Met Opera, Berlin PO, Vienna PO (Do they even *have* a
chief conductor, or to they only have guests?), La Scala Opera, London PO,
London SO, City of Birmingham SO (now that Rattle, I think, is in Berlin),
Royal Opera-Covent Garden, Royal Concertgebouw-Amsterdam, and Montreal (is
it still Dutoit?).  Any others I might have missed?

Thanks,
Albie