From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 13:47:56 +0100
Mats Norman wrote:

>One hour seems to be a fairly long time for grasping the thought
>that the two Mahler 6 recordings was one and the same, but one can't help
>one has a poor intellectual capacity, and that is nothing to make fun of.
>
>But thanks to the bitter resistment I was almost starting to doubt I was
>actually right.  But if the timings are exactly the same but two seconds,
>and they sound suspiciously similar, isn't there a great probability that
>the Nanut and Haenchen recordings are actually one and the same?

Yes, there is a recording going about of Mahler's Sixth that is credited
to Haenchen which is the same one that is also credited to Nanut.  In
fact it is by Nanut and, as Mats says, the way to tell this is by timings.
HOWEVER, there is a real Haenchen recording of Mahler's Sixth going around
also.  I know because I have just been listening to it as part of a
super-bargain box of Mahler Symphonies that I will be reviewing soon.
This one is not the same as the Nanut and is by Haenchen.

Tony Duggan, England.
Mahler recordings survey:
http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/