From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 14:33:48 +0200
Speaking of which I have just come by a few of the (mainly excellent) CDs
in the Chandos "Contemporaries of Mozart" series and most notably CHAN9791
being of three symphonies by Adalbert Gyrowetz 1763-1850 (in the Czech
Republic - aka Vojtech Jirovec).  (accents omitted).

It seems his idol was Haydn and perhaps that is why I have played this CD
three times during the last week so much pleasure has it afforded.  Quite
delightful (as are the discs of Pichl, Gossec, Vanhal and Rosetti in this
series).

John G. Deacon
Home page: www.ctv.es/USERS/j.deacon