From:
Daniel Paul Horn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:38:45 -0500
About Peter Serkin's original-instrument "Hammerklavier:"

>Ah, evidently different from my LP, also Pro Arte (PAD 181), which actually
>has "Performing on the Graf Fortepiano" emblazoned on the cover.

Having visited the Schubert Club collection in St. Paul, it's my
understanding that the instrument Mr. Serkin used is no longer thought
to be an authentic Graf, though it certainly dates from the period in
question.

DPHorn, who has yet to get up the courage to play Op. 106 on any instrument.