From:
"John G. Deacon" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:18:36 +0200
My apologies to Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]> who asked me from whence
Hagen had come.

I should have written:

>Alberich is a character and not a symbol (mythic or otherwise).  He
>renounced sex and love for gold because he was too ugly to get laid
>_often enough_.

Hagen might have been a "solo performance" so please don't ask me how often
Alberich would have thought adequate to have given it up for the gold.

In UK this time of year is called the *silly season.* I think the master
would have loved it.

John G. Deacon