From:
Alan Dudley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:28:21 +1000
When I took a CD of Bruckner's 4th Symphony (Sawallisch/Philadelphia) to
the public library desk for processing yesterday, the bloke (chap, fellow,
clerk, whatever) behind the counter said

   "Did you know Bruckner was the last person ever to touch Beethoven?"

When I confessed ignorance, he told me that when Beethoven's body was
reburied in a more suitable final resting place, it was Bruckner who
reverently (his word) placed the skull in the coffin before the lid was
fastened.

Is there any truth in any of this? Was Beethoven's body moved? If so, why?
If so, from whence to whither? If so, did Bruckner have a hand in it?

Will somebody please tell me this is a lot of nonsense?

Alan Dudley