From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 13:49:06 +0000
I wonder what experiences others have had with the set of Berlioz
orchestral works by Colin Davis on Philips.

I am on my third set now.  In the first disc number skipped.  In the second
disc number 3 skipped.  In both the booklet was cut within 1mm of the page
edge.

It is getting tedius working my way through the set only to find another
dodgy disc.  Philips are much worse in this respect than Sony.  I have
never found a dodgy Sony cd.  If there was any way I could avoid it I
would never buy another Philips CD.

If this set's a problem I plan to send it set back to the manufacturer to
ask them if they can supply a functional set for me.  I'll keep you posted.

Bob Draper

 [I have several hundred Philips CDs, and can't recall ever getting
 a bad one.  I did however have to return a set of Vaughan Williams
 symphonies on Chandos five times before I got a set with all 6CDs
 playable.  -Dave]