From:
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 16:25:00 -0500
Ron Chaplin noted the set of clarinet concertos with Emma Johnson as
soloist under the label:

$5.97 64052 BRILLIANT CLASSICS CD 99497 DUTCH D 3

I haven't seen that, so I thought I'd point out an alternative for anyone
who wanted a general collection of her work.  There are at least one 2-CD
collection (at the 2-for-1 price) of various pieces that overlaps with the
above disk on ASV.  There is also a single disk (full price) of "encores,"
some of which are arrangements.

I'm something of an EJ fan based on the recordings I have (not these
collections); I'll also be curious to see what others think of her
Mozart/Weber quintet disk.  ARG loved it, but Grammophone didn't, as
I recall.

William Jenks