From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 02:29:33 PDT
Me:

>I would love to hear a modern piece written in the baroque or classical
>style.

Richard Todd:

>Why?

Because I think it would be very interesting to hear how a modern composer,
aware of the modern "achievements in harmony, form, etc.," would compose in
either the classical or baroque style.  In my post, I didn't mean to imply
that a modern composer would be able to create a work in the musical styles
of 200 or 300 years ago.  I guess another reason I would like to hear a
modern baroque work, for example, is that, although I am making progress
dragging my sensibility into the 20th century, I feel more comfortable
listening to baroque and classical music than I do more modern music.

Ron