From:
Tony Duggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 09:27:49 +0100
Female Schatz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I've always found that Mahler's work seem driven by very passionate
>emotions, but I have never had a chance to read the programs that were
>produced and withdrawn for his works.  Is there any source where these
>are reprinted?

"Withdrawn" programmes really only apply really to Symphonies 1,2,3.  There
are elements in some of the others but less so.  But too much is made of
this since any "withdrawl" was pretty unsuccessful and most CD liner notes
worth their salt carry them.  I make mention of the programmatic elements
in my Mahler recordings survey:

   http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/

and so does Deryk Barker in his:

   http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker/mahler.html