From:
John White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 11:20:17 +0100
About 40 years ago, I distinctly remember hearing a broadcast by the
BBC of Beethoven's 2nd Symphony with what was referred to as the original
Andante which Beethoven was said to have discarded in favour of the present
Larghetto.  Being disappointed at not finding it on the Unheard Beethoven
netsite (www.unheardbeethoven.org),which, incidentally, has midi files of
such gems as the completed 1st movement of the 6th Piano Concerto and the
scherzo of the 10th Symphony; I e-mailed them only to be told that they had
never come across it and could I send them further details!

Could any member of this list please let me know if my long-term memory is
playing me tricks or, if this deleted Andante does exist, where the score
can be located and whether there is a recording of it.

Cheers,
John.