From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 19:02:10 -0400
I received another message from a friend who is at Southern Illinois
University. If anyone can help him, I will forward any replies.  His
message is as follows:

Ruth Slenczynska tells me that she made a recording of the 4 Chopin
Ballades for a record label in Belgium BEFORE she recorded them in 1960 for
Decca Gold Label Series.  I'd appreciate it if you could post that I am
looking for this recording for the Slenczynska Archive at Southern Illinois
Univ. and would welcome any information on it.  Ruth says that when she
played in South America, people asked her to autograph copies.  So the
record did exist and circulate.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA
ALKAN Web Page: http://www.nettally.com/joelhill/alkan/