From:
Michael Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 11:26:22 EDT
Deryk Barker wrote:

>>Meanwhile a few of the better (known) ones:
>>
>>All by Myself (Rachmaninov PC #2 I think) Eric Carmen

And William Hong replied:

>I thought I remember it as using the theme from the 2nd Symphony.  But
>maybe I have the song remembered incorrectly.

I was discussing this off list, but I could not remember the song title,
since the refrain is original, i.e.  unmemorable; this is the song I was
trying to think of; thanks for jarring my memory.  It is a syncopated
version of the theme from the second movement of the second concerto.
Of course there is also "Full Moon and Empty Arms" which is adapted from
the last movement.

All that remains is for some audacious pop songster to take on the first
movement...

Michael Cooper