From:
Peter Varley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 17:21:11 +0000
Mats Norrman wrote:

>Melodic is indeed a good description for Atterbergs music.  He wrote
>interesting music in all genres, and everything in very approachable style.

I'd agree with most of the above - I've only heard three of the symphonies,
the second, third and sixth, so I can't comment on the others.  IMO, the
second and third have the most memorable melodies, but somehow the sixth
is more convincingly symphonic (despite its facetious last movement).

Peter Varley