HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Sean Dunham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 09:45:07 -0400
Greetings,

I have had the opportunity to test a couple mid-nineteenth century cabin sites on Lake Superior.  One of these was apparently built and occupied for a couple years by a family (ca. 1847).  The cabin appears to have then been periodically occupied for a number of years by a variety of persons.  I was curious if anybody on the list, or otherwise, had dealt with similar transient use patterns in a frontier setting.  In a related question, has anybody worked with artifact patterning within structures with earthen floors or perhaps comparing those patterns with the pattern of deposition within cabins with floors.

Thanks in advance.

Sean Dunham
Commonwealth Cultural Resources Group, Inc.