Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 6 Aug 2000 16:40:16 -0700
From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Janos Gereben wrote:

>The premiere of Chanticleer's "How Sweet the Sound" tonight was a total
>triumph.

Janos, did they happen to encore Biebl's "Ave Maria"? I haven't heard
them do this live but love the piece and would go just to experience that,
though it can seem almost barbershop-ish at times.  Always gets to me.

Louis Botto, who started the group, was in our San Francisco Symphony
chorus from the start (another SFSC member was Kent Nagano, briefly),
in the early 70s.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://andrys.com/books.html - Search sheet music, CDs
http://andrys.com/books.html#videos - Classical music videos