Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 30 Jul 2000 02:04:47 -0700
From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Jeffrey Hall wrote:

>dEAr CM fans, The Summer 2000 issue of International Piano Quarterly has
>a Collector's Corner feature on the Schumann Opus 17 Fantasy.  Does anyone
>know what the top pick(s) are? Thanks.

Nooope, but I saw a posting on Great Pianist forum advising the issue had
left the printers and we'll all be able to know soon.

As you mentioned, the "Collector's Choice" feature this month compares
versions of Schumann's Fantasie in C, Op. 17.  The current issue also has
a cover feature on Argerich, with DIScography, a reassessment of the life
and work of Leopold Godowsky and an interview with Marc-Andre Hamelin on
the challenges set by Godowsky's complex adaptations of Chopin Etudes.

For those unfamiliar with this fantastic quarterly, it was begun by
Gramophone a couple of years ago but the new Gramophone owners, Haymarket,
sold the magazine recently to Orpheus Publications, who uses the same
group of first-quality writers.  The IPQ page, for current issue, is at

   http://www.orpheuspublications.com/ipq_cur_iss.htm

The site page is clearer these days, but if anyone has any problems finding
the links there for back issues, subscriptions or purchase of the current
issue, I have some direct links and e-mailing info at

   http://andrys.com/argerich.html#ipq

as well.

For those of you who appreciate a quarterly dedicated to things piano, it
should be noted that Orpheus does not have Gramophone's deep pockets and
it would be great to get the word out so this magazine stays well.  If you
check out the back-issues section you'll see what a treasure this is for
any classical-music library.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books