Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:15:14 -0500
From:
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]>
For the past week I've had the same music running in my mind's ear.  It's
from the entrance of Bacchus late in 'Ariadne auf Naxos' and running to the
end.  I do tend to get stuck at Bacchus's 'Circe!  Circe!  was war dein
Wille?' If I listen to other music it's gone for the time I'm listening.
But then it returns.

After our chorus rehearsal last night I drove away hearing some catchy
parts of Norman Dello Joio's 'A Jubilant Song' and thought, 'Ah, it's
gone.' But Bacchus returned before I even got home.

Late last night I was flipping channels on the TV and heard a snippet of
the theme song from 'Gilligan's Island'.  Now Bacchus has been replaced
by Gilligan.  It ran all night and was there in my ear this morning when
I woke.

I can go back to Bacchus for a few minutes, but if I relax my guard
Gilligan returns.  I've tried usually successful maneuvers to get rid of
both.  The 'Glitter and Be Gay' theme from 'Candide.' The opening 'deal'
from Stravinsky's 'Jeu de Cartes.' 'Take the A Train.' Nothing works.

This is getting old. I'd even welcome Bacchus back.

Suggestions?

Scott Morrison