Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 19:42:21 -0400
From:
Bert Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Jim Hunsley wrote about this label's availability:

>...from Berkshire Record Outlet at bargain prices.  I recommend both the
>Scharwenka and Moszkowski solo piano series...

I'd like to recommend some stellar (and solar?) music by Thea Musgrave (b
1928):  her The Seasons; Helios; Night Music (Scottish Chamber Orch./
Kraemer).  Collins Classics 15292.

Musgrave's compositions are as sure-footed as they come:  just about
everything is unexpected, but not a note sounds misplaced.  Spiky sounds
that unfold in engaging musical statements, with an overall coherence
that's stunning.  A CD I treasure, and for just $4.99!

Happy listening,

Bert Bailey, in Ottawa