Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:50:03 PDT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Sterling Newberry wrote:

>Consequently recordings, the obsession of many on this list, are in
>very short supply.

It's good to know that I'm not the only person on the list with this
particular obsession.  Actually, "obsession" might not be the right word.
My wife, a family therapist, tells me that an obsession does not exist
unless there is damaging impact on one's functional life and/or family.  My
next question to her was, "So I don't have an obsession with recordings"?
Her reply - "No, but you've got a very strong addiction." I don't know
about all this.  Given the large number of obsessions, addictions, and
fetishes I possess, it's a miracle I can function at all.

I have quite a few Scelsi recordings - most of them on labels such as
Accord.  The Majors seem to have no desire to record any of his works.

Don Satz