Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Apr 2000 10:45:30 -0800
From:
Dave Pitzer <[log in to unmask]>
John P. wrote:

>Some of the posts on this chat-list have made mention of the vocal
>intrusions of other musicians as they made recordings or performed live.
>I've never encountered a recording where an artist made a racket with his
>voice as persistently as Gould.

I've not heard all of the recordings of all classical works of course,
but I must join John in saying that Gould holds first place in the "vocal
intrusion" department.  And he is way ahead of whoever is in second place.
But again, his intrusions are, to me, merely annoying.  They don't keep me
away from his recordings.  By the same token, his Bach is NOT definitive.
Insightful, often inspiring, but not definitive.

Dave Pitzer