HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Philip Levy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 10:12:45 -0400
"If I wanted to know more about this conflict"
If you meant the Revolution by this query, this is still a standard work on
the topic.

Graymont, Barbara. The Iroquois in the American Revolution. Syracuse, N.Y.:
Syracuse University Press, 1972.

Take a look at these too.

Daniel K. Richter and James H. Merrell eds. Beyond the Covenant Chain: the
Iroquois and their Neighbors in Indian North America, 1600-1800. Syracuse,
N.Y.: Syracuse University Press, 1987.

Snow, Dean R. The Iroquois. Oxford: Blackwell, 1994.

Francis Jennings's The Ambiguous Iroquois Empire has a tiny bit on the
movement of the Tuscaroras. So does Daniel Richter's Ordeal of the
Longhouse. Only a bit though.

Phil