HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Andrea G. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 1956 04:14:24 -0400
Rich,
    I don't know if this will help you or not, but the Museum of Tobacco
Art and History in Nashville is absolutely incredible.  It has a genuinely
extensive collection of anything having to do with smoking, including
pipes.  I don't remember anything specifically about the Dutch pewter pipes
to which you refer, but it wouldn't surprise me if you could get some good
information from this place.  As I recall, they were just getting together
a catalog of their collection when I visited about four years ago.  So it
should be available by now.  Their address is:
The Museum of Tobacco Art and History
800 Harrison Street
Nashville, TN 37203
    Good Luck to you!