HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Edward Jolie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 11:58:28 -0700
Hello,
I am a junior anthropology major and student of Dr.
J. M. Adovasio's here at the R. L. Andrews Center for
Perishables Analysis at Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA.
I am posting this message in search of any and all
information pertaining to coiled gambling baskets of
the Great Plains.  I am preparing to next year do my
senior project on coiled gambling baskets, based on an
Oglala Lakota one that has been in my family for many
generations.  Any information that could be provided
about coiled gambling baskets would be appreciated.  I
have found that little literature exists on the
subject, and it is my hope to obtain a better
understanding of their origin, while possibly
documenting how to play the game.  Further, it is my
hope this study will help reveal information about the
arrival of coiled basketry on the Great Plains. Thanks
in advance for any help.
-Edward Jolie

=====
Edward A. Jolie
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Analyst, RL Andrews Center for Perishables Analysis,
Mercyhurst Archaeological Institute,
Mercyhurst College, Erie PA