From:
William Hong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:42:44 -0400
Donald Satz wrote in reply to Dave Pitzer:

>...  You tell people you are a HIP/period instrument person and, if
>honest, also tell them you prefer the piano. It does sound contradictory.
>But, personal pleasures and preferences pay little attention to consistency
>or logic.

Without going too far into a "me too" post, I would only qualify my case
as applying to Bach and the piano, where somehow his music seems so well
suited to the modern grand.  However, I have yet to be convinced that
Handel or Couperin or Rameau comes out as well on the piano as it does
on the harpsichord.  Different strokes....

Bill H.