From:
Mark Ehlert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:13:26 -0500
From: Peter Goldstein

>With all the talk about popular musicians' borrowing from the classics,
>I wonder if anyone's interested in a thread on classical composers'
>borrowings from each other.

Another one you can add to the list:  the coda from the slow movement of
Beethoven's 3rd piano concerto and a phrase (played twice over the course
of the movement) from the slow movement of Mozart's G-minor piano quartet.
I am very surprised this connection hasn't been mentioned before in any
of the literature I've read regarding the piano concerto.  It looks like
Beethoven was inspired by more than just Mozart's C-minor concerto effort.

BTW, great list, Peter!

Mark K. Ehlert