HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 21:05:43 -0500
In a message dated 2/6/01 8:07:20 AM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< on, the reason for the pain in some of the responses is probably the same
as
 mine.  We see so many of these come across our desk - sometimes 2-3 a day
 that it becomes very tiresome to deal with them, especially when someone does
 not seem to have learned the ettiquite in presenting themselves to a
 prospective employer that they should have in school.  I think its something
 thats good to share with each other here - perhaps it provides lessons for
 those who lurk and may be on the hunt for jobs.

 Mike Polk >>

The problem I see is that we are talking to ourselves, not the source of
field hands. To what end do we rage at one another, when there are no field
hands on HISTARCH? I suspect the graduate students would not make the
mistakes everyone has griped about here. Shoot, I just think folks ought to
trash the bad ones and not make a stink about it. If you really want to hit
the proper audience, look at the resumes to see where these kids are coming
from and target their schools with your message. I expect you would see a
dramatic drop in the bad unsolicited resumes if you followed through.

Just my thoughts.

Ron