Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:51:02 -0400
From:
Robert Lyman <[log in to unmask]>
Ron Chaplin wrote:

>I was wondering what other compositions have used Whitman's poetry as
>inspiration.

One of my favorite compositions of all time is Vaughan Williams oratorio
"Dona Nobis Pacem".  It sets passages from Whitman and the Bible to some
absolutely glorious music.  I believe VW also used Whitman for another
coimp.  but I don't remember which.  There's also a setting of "To What You
Said", by Bernstein.  I know I've heard more, but I'm drawing a blank at
the moment.  Take care,

Bob Lyman ([log in to unmask])
http://www.geocities.com/Soho/Workshop/7610/
http://www.artists-in-residence.com/users/radiance/