Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 2000 12:04:42 EDT
From:
Michael Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>> ... a repeat is "binary": you take it or you don't.

And Mats Norman replied:

>Once again you are saying that you don't want to hear the repeats. [snip]

Although Steve is fully capable of defending himself, I just would like
to point out that I have never heard him say that repeats should not
be observed, nor does he state it here.  He has merely stated that is
sometimes acceptable that they not be observed, and here he is just
pointing out that repeats are of an entirely different nature than rests.
There are no degrees of taking a particular repeat, while you may do all
sorts of things to a rest, e.g.  by changing its length through rubato.

Michael Cooper