From:
Jennifer Tow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 14:36:47 EST
I wrote:

<<what is the premise underlying any particular practice, procedure or
intervention? Here, it is the premise that we need to increase the safety of
pregnancy and childbirth. Increase over and above what baseline level? Does
this assume that they (preg and birth) are inherently unsafe?>

Jean responded: