From:
Lars-Johan Lonn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Mar 2000 21:33:50 +0100
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This month's include ......  Sibelius 4 and 5 from Sakari and the Iceland
>Symphony ...

Yes, I have bought and listened to this record, and I recommend it
strongly.  Sibelius #4 is one of my absolute favourites, and I have
listen to a lot of recordings without finding anything like the Karajan
on DG.  But this recording by Sakari is great.  It is a very compex score.
Sibelius is extremely concrete here, there is not one bar that not have a
function.  There is also a very good interpretation of #5.  Powerful, and
with a great drive.  The sound is good NAXOS-sound.

Regards!  Lars-Johan Lonn