HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Terry Weik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 18:37:03 -0500
John,
Tell me more about this symposium you are planning.  Are you referring to
individual agency, stylistic or aesthetic aspects of material culture,
biographic sorts of history/archaeology (i.e. excavations at W.E.B. DuBois
house), or topics like them?  Let me know more.  thanks,
TW

Chris Espenshade and I are beginning to organize a symposium for the January
>10-13, 2001 annual meeting of the Society for Historical Archaeology, Long
>Beach, Calf.  on the topic "the individual in African-American Culture."  The
>deadline for proposal submission is May 31, 2000.  Papers from historians and
>archaeologists addressing any aspect of this topic are welcome.  Please
>contact
>me ASAP if interested in participating.
>
>Thanks,
>John